2022 Get Outdoor PA Mini-Grants
The mini-grant program is administered by the Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society, Inc. and is funded in part by a grant from the Environmental Stewardship Fund under the administration of the Pennsylvania Department of Natural Resources, Bureau of Recreation and Conservation.
About the Get Outdoors PA Mini-Grant Program
The purpose of the Get Outdoors PA Mini-Grant program is to provide Get Outdoors PA Community Partners with additional tools, specifically training and equipment, for implementing quality Get Outdoors PA programs and consequently, to amplify the program’s benefit.
2022 Eligible Applicants
- Municipalities or organized partnerships of municipalities, counties, land trusts or other private non-profit entities that provide programming for the community benefit.
- Community Partners must have non-profit, 501c3 status through the IRS and be registered with the PA Department of State, Bureau of Charitable Organizations or be a local government entity.
- The mini-grants fund equipment, training, and transportation for guided Get Outdoors PA programs in its 16 activity categories.
Ineligible projects include but are not limited to the following:
- Indoor classroom only projects
- Equipment solely for self-guided education
- Staff salaries while at instructor training
- Staff salaries for executing Get Outdoors PA programs
- Ropes/challenge course programs
- Landscape and construction projects
- Traditional sports programs such as baseball, basketball, and soccer
- Storage unit fees
- Boat/Fishing licenses
- Facility rentals
2022 Grant Amount
- Mini-grants provide up to 50% of the costs associated with the total eligible training and/or equipment purchase, but may not exceed $3,000. Grantees are responsible for the remaining costs of at least 50% or more of the total costs.
- Match must be cash, in-kind match is ineligible
- Unused funds cannot be rolled over or re-allocated, therefore, grant applicants are encouraged to request only what they need.
- Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources grants cannot be used as the match for Get Outdoors PA Mini-Grants.
- Monies are distributed as mini-grants on a reimbursement basis
|Grant cycle opens|
February 11, 2022
|Applications due electronically|
March 11, 2022 at 4:30 pm
|Final reports due|
December 31, 2022
Requirements for Funded Applications
- Signed sub-contract
- Comprehensive final report including reimbursement requests
Funded applicants must use their purchased equipment and/or apply their new training skills during the calendar year in which they receive the grant. If there is a conflict with this requirement it may be discussed with the Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society.
- Including the Get Outdoors PA logo on marketing materials.
- Including a Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources funding citation on any materials created for advertising and/or reporting on the grant award
- Auditable proof of applicant contribution (matching funds)
2022 Get Outdoors PA Mini-Grant
Step One: Complete Cover Summary
- Applying Organization Information
- Project Director Information
- Activity Area
- Project Title
- Project Summary
- Grant Linkage
- Certification Signature
Step Two: Complete Project Narrative
A clear, one-page description of your proposed project, including the following:
- Applying organization’s mission statement
- Details on the Get Outdoors PA program to be delivered, including the environmental stewardship message or healthy living message to be communicated to participants
- Details on the equipment and/or training requested and why it is necessary for the program
- Timeline for the purchase of the equipment and/or attendance at training and Get Outdoors PA program’s execution
Step Three: Complete Budget Sheet
A breakdown of the proposed project’s costs; the applicant should conduct product price and quality research in determining the equipment to be purchased.
Step Four: Submit Application
A copy of the application must be submitted electronically and one hard copy of the cover summary with a certifying signature must be mailed.Download Mini-Grant Application Download Mini-Grant Manual
Director of Training and IT
Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society, Inc.