What is a Get Outdoors Community Partner?
Get Outdoors PA Community Partners are municipalities or an organized partnership of municipalities, counties, land trusts, or other private non-profit entities that provide public outdoors programs that directly relate to the mission of Get Outdoors PA.
What is a Community program?
A Community Program:
- offers some level of instruction regarding a Get Outdoors PA outdoor recreation activity
- teaches an activity that is human-powered and non-competitive – where participation instead of winning is the goal
- includes a message of conservation, environmental stewardship and/or healthy living;
- teaches and uphold Best Practices, including safety measures at all times
- occurs on land or water that is open to the public for the program and preferably, at all times
- is taught or led by a skilled instructor or guide
- is affordably priced for public accessibility but with intent to cover expenses
- creates partnerships with members of the community
Why should my organization become a partner?
- Exclusive Community Partner Profile on GetOutdoorsPA.org
- Receive higher visibility with DCNR when submitting DCNR C2P2 grant applications
- Impact your local community by increasing citizen awareness of public lands and their availability for outdoor recreation!
- Be part of a large-scale solution to land stewardship and healthy living!
- Network with other Community Partners during annual, virtual meet ups designed to increase your ability to gain access to new initiatives and outdoors industry trends!
- Become eligible for Get Outdoors PA Mini-Grants!
- Receive advance notice of Get Outdoors PA trainings and education events!
- Receive a Community Partner Discount for fee-based Get Outdoors PA trainings and webinars!
How does it all work?
- Review the Community Partner Guidelines
- If you do not already provide outdoors programming, select an activity/program that your agency plans to implement.
- Identify an audience and program purpose – visit GetOutdoorsPA.org for online resources to help in your planning, including an instructor data base, lesson plans and more!
- Complete your Community Partner Online Application!
Steps to becoming a Community Partner
- Future Community Partner must complete the online application. Please complete as much information as possible. For required questions, please type “N/A” is those are not applicable to your organization.
- The application provides space for up to 4 programs descriptions. You can offer 1 or 100!
- In submitting the Community Partner Application, the applicant agrees to the Get Outdoors PA Partner Pledge (see text below).
- Each online application is reviewed on the basis of application completion, capacity to develop and implement programs, and clear understanding of Get Outdoors PA desired programming.
- Upon application approval, Community Partners will receive notification of their status.
The Community Partner Pledge is a commitment to:
- Participate in an online training or use our Power Point Presentation to learn how Get Outdoors PA works, be introduced to the website, and understand how to select or develop an outdoor program to be offered to the public;
- Involve new partners, like a local outfitter or restaurant, from the community in the development and implementation of the program;
- Connect local residents and visitors of all abilities with nature;
- Actively advertise its own Get Outdoors PA program(s) through community channels using the Get Outdoors PA brand in addition to the Partner’s brand;
Complete annual Get Outdoors PA Progress Report online which summarizes information on events held and helps to evaluate the progress of the Partner and effectiveness of Get Outdoors PA.